If you have bricked your device or Want to fresh install the firmware file on Tecno P5 and P5s then you are in the right place. Tecno P5 and P5s is powered by MediaTek processor. To install the Stock firmware on Tecno P5 and P5s Mediatek powered device, you need software known as SP Flash Tool, Formally also called Smartphone Flash tool. Download the Tecno P5 and P5s Stock Firmware, drivers, and SP flash tool, then you can follow our guide to flash the firmware on Tecno P5 and P5s.
Android always opens the door to various possibilities such as flashing custom ROM or kernel or APK modding etc. These feats can be achieved by providing root access to your device or simply rooting your phone. In today’s date, rooting or customizing is no rocket science, but people perform these processes carelessly. Certain users hastily carry out the modding/rooting process without properly following instructions. It leads to bricking of the device. It can happen with any device. In this post, we will tell you how you can restore or unbrick Tecno P5 and P5s back to their previous working condition.
Tecno P5 and P5s Firmware Flashing Guide
The guide is simple and easy! All you have to do is simply download the below-given firmware files and tools on your PC and then follow the given instruction to install the Stock ROM on Tecno P5 and P5s using SP Flash Tool. Yes, this guide is also helpful to recover, unroot or fix any software malfunctioning problem.
Remember this guide is also very much needed in case of upgrade or downgrade the firmware on Tecno P5 and P5s. First of all, download the software, Smartphone Flashtool on your PC and then flash your phone back to Stock ROM. We request you to read the steps carefully before upgrading Tecno P5 and P5s using this guide.
The Advantage Of Stock ROM:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Tecno P5 and P5s
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Tecno P5 and P5s
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Tecno P5 and P5s
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: Tecno P5 and P5s
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6572
- OS: 4.2.2
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Tecno P5 and P5s:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Supported device: Tecno P5 and P5s
- Charge your phone: You need at least a 50% charge on Tecno P5 and P5s
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup:
- Backup Android Phone Without Root on any device
- Backup IMEI and NVRAM on Mediatek Chipset Android Device
- If you have TWRP Recovery, Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery
- Smartphone Flash Tool: Download the latest SP Flash tool and extract it (Install)
- VCOM driver: Download VCOM Driver and install it on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Tecno USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download: Download the below given required files on your PC.
Download Firmware Flash Files:
|Software Details||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: Tecno_P5_New_MT6572_4.2.zip
File Size: 459 MB
Android Version: 4.2.2
|Flash File Name: Tecno_P5_Old_MT6572_4.2.zip
File Size: 459 MB
Android Version: 4.2.2
Instructions to Install:
Here are the Instructions to Install Stock ROM on Tecno P5 and P5s.
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Tecno P5 and P5s, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Tecno P5 and P5s
I hope you installed the Stock ROM on Tecno P5 and P5s successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.