On this page, we have shared the official firmware file on Tecno W5 and W5 Lite based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. To install the firmware flash file on Tecno W5 and W5 Lite, you need the software flash tool known as SP Flash Tool (aka Smartphone flash tool). This software is supported for Mediatek MT6737 / MT6580 powered devices.
Android always opens the door to various possibilities such as flashing custom ROM or kernel or APK modding etc. These feats can be achieved by providing root access to your device or simply rooting your phone. In today’s date, rooting or customizing is no rocket science, but people perform these processes carelessly. Certain users hastily carry out the modding/rooting process without properly following instructions. It leads to the bricking of the device. It can happen with any device. By following this guide, you can easily restore the factory settings on your Tecno W5 and W5 Lite smartphones.
Why We Need Flash Files?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Tecno W5 and W5 Lite. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods, or custom ROM.
The Advantage Of Stock ROM:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Tecno W5 and W5 Lite
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Tecno W5 and W5 Lite
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Tecno W5 and W5 Lite
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- Gapps File: Included
- Device Supported: Tecno W5 and W5 Lite
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6580
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Tecno W5 and W5 Lite:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Supported device: Tecno W5 and W5 Lite
- Charge your phone: You need at least a 50% charge on Tecno W5 and W5 Lite
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: Backup Android Phone Without Root on any device
- Smartphone Flash Tool: Download the latest SP Flash tool and extract it (Install)
- VCOM driver: Download VCOM Driver and install it on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Tecno USB Drivers
- Download: Download the below given required files on your PC.
Download Firmware Files:
|Download||Tecno W5 Lite||Tecno_W5_Lite_MT6580_20170313_6.0.zip|
|Download||Tecno W5 Lite||Tecno_W5_Lite_MT6580_6.0_H8010A1-M-161014V147.zip|
Instructions to install:
Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Tecno W5 and W5 Lite, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Tecno W5 and W5 Lite
I hope you installed the Stock ROM on Tecno W5 and W5 Lite successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.