Xiaomi Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you love custom ROM, then you must try this new ROM called Syberia Project. The ROM is built by Syberia Team from scratch based on AOSP source code. Now the ROM is also live for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. Download and Install the Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
As far as we know, this ROM is tested and can be used as a daily driver on your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. Just like every custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery to install Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. In case if you get any error while installing then, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file.
Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
Syberia Project OS is a new custom ROM developed by "Syberia Team" from scratch based on AOSP source code. They also use the CodeAurora sources (i.e. CAF) for HALS. The ROM is built to enhance the stock Android experience.
Features of Syberia OS are:
-Built-in EAS kernel by @NATO66613 with patches from CodeAurora, focuses on high performance and power saving -Upstreamed ART -Latest SQlite -Full HW keys customization -Powermenu -Real-time charging info on lockscreen -LTE, NFC switch tiles Torch gesture on power button Screen off animations Screen Record to the Power Menu Statusbar brightness control Navigation bar, Lockscreen shortcuts, StatusBar tuner Features flash-call-on-waiting Volume key music control Volume Rocker Wake Double tap to sleep on lockscreen and statusbar HOME as wake key Increasing ring feature Reset battery stats Hide the power menu on the lockscreen Statusbar network traffic incall vibration options Force Expanded Notifications Battery light customization HeadsUp notifications Smart Pulldown Support for MicroG
Steps to Install Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
Download Files Here:
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Syberia Project OS zip file: Download
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. [Watch Video]
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Syberia Project OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That's it! I hope you have installed the Syberia Project OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.