Xiaomi Mi A3 (codename: laurel_sprout) launched in July 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie with the Android One program. If you love custom ROM, then you must try this new ROM called Syberia Project based on Android 10 Q. The ROM is built by Syberia Team from scratch based on the AOSP source code. Now the ROM is also live for Xiaomi Mi A3. Download and Install the Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Mi A3 (laurel_sprout).
As far as we know, this ROM is tested and can be used as a daily driver on your Xiaomi Mi A3. Just like every custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery to install Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Mi A3. In case if you get any error while installing then, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file.
Table of Contents
Mi A3: Device Overview
Xiaomi Mi A3 was announced in August 2019 which sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with 409 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports a 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Four-camera setup with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 13MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Mi A3 comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Mi A3 (laurel_sprout)
Syberia Project OS is a new custom ROM developed by the “Syberia Team” from scratch based on AOSP source code. They also use the CodeAurora sources (i.e. CAF) for HALS. The ROM is built to enhance the stock Android experience.
Features of Syberia OS are:
-Built-in EAS kernel by @NATO66613 with patches from CodeAurora, focuses on high performance and power saving -Upstreamed ART -Latest SQlite -Full HW keys customization -Powermenu -Real-time charging info on lockscreen -LTE, NFC switch tiles Torch gesture on power button Screen off animations Screen Record to the Power Menu Statusbar brightness control Navigation bar, Lockscreen shortcuts, StatusBar tuner Features flash-call-on-waiting Volume key music control Volume Rocker Wake Double tap to sleep on lockscreen and statusbar HOME as wake key Increasing ring feature Reset battery stats Hide the power menu on the lockscreen Statusbar network traffic incall vibration options Force Expanded Notifications Battery light customization HeadsUp notifications Smart Pulldown Support for MicroG
Steps to Install Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Mi A3:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi A3 (laurel_sprout)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
Download Files Here:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi A3. [Watch Video]
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A3. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi A3.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Syberia Project OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Syberia Project OS for Xiaomi Mi A3 (laurel_sprout).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Syberia Project OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.