Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (codename: ginkgo) launched in August 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. If you love custom ROM, then you must try this new ROM called Syberia Project. The ROM is built by Syberia Team from scratch based on AOSP source code. Now the ROM is also live for Redmi Note 8. Download and Install the Syberia Project OS for Redmi Note 8 based on Android 11 R.
As far as we know, this ROM is tested and can be used as a daily driver on your Redmi Note 8. Just like every custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery to install Syberia Project OS for Redmi Note 8. In case if you get any error while installing then, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Four-camera setup with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 13MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Syberia Project OS for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)
Syberia Project OS is a new custom ROM developed by “Syberia Team” from scratch based on AOSP source code. They also use the CodeAurora sources (i.e. CAF) for HALS. The ROM is built to enhance the stock Android experience.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Redmi Note 8 and 8T
- Common Problems in Redmi Note 8 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- How to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8 and root it
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (Android 11)
Steps to Install Syberia Project OS for Redmi Note 8:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
Download Files Here:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 8. [Watch Video]
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi Note 8.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Syberia Project OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Syberia Project OS for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Syberia Project OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.