LG G4 smartphone features a 5.00-inch 480×854 display powered by 1.3GHz quad-core processor alongside 1GB of RAM and 5-megapixel rear camera. It came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Today T-Mobile started rolling the latest security patch update for T-Mobile LG G4 LG-H811. The update bumps the software version to H81120x (V20x) and brings the December 2017 Security Patch for LG G4. This update is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over The Air) to every user in T-Mobile wireless carrier. The rollout is in a staged manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every T-Mobile LG G4 users. To receive the OTA update notification, you must be running stock firmware.
The update brings nothing major except the security patch, bug fixes, and other improvements. Now upgrade to a more secure version of software on T-Mobile LG G4 to free from Malware and virus.
Table of Contents
How to Update T-Mobile LG G4 to H81120x – V20x
If you have the OTA update on your phone, then we do recommend you to install the December 2017 security patch update to keep your phone safe from vulnerabilities. Well if you have no update, then please check the OTA update manually by following the guide.
How to check OTA update on T-Mobile LG G4:
- Open Settings on T-Mobile LG G4.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
If you have the update notification on your T-Mobile LG G4 phone, then hit the DOWNLOAD button to start upgrading your phone to latest software version H81120x.
Before proceeding, please make sure your phone has enough charge of at least 50%, take a full backup before upgrading or downgrading your phone. To download the OTA file, you should be on a stable WiFi connection to enjoy uninterrupted software download.
Once if you have all this, you can proceed with upgrading T-Mobile LG G4 to H81120x.
If you not received any OTA download, then don’t panic! Here we have shared the full ROM download link to download and install the firmware H81120x.
Required Firmware Link
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]
Note: If you see any blank screen from the above download link, you have to download and install the XDM download manager first, Once you installed the XDM download manager you can simply copy the above kdz firmware URL and start a new download job in XDM download manager.
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on T-Mobile LG G4.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?