The V20 is a flagship in every sense. So it offers top-drawer performance whatever you do. Today T-Mobile started seeding a new software update for T-Mobile LG V20 LG-H918 which bumps the software version from H91810r to H91810s. The Update brings the January 2018 Security Patch for the T-Mobile LG V20. As we are waiting for Android 8.0 Oreo, this update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over The Air) for users in T-Mobile US carrier. As the update is in a phase-wise manner, It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every T-Mobile LG V20 users. To receive the OTA update notification, you must be running stock firmware without root or mods installed.
This update has nothing new except the January 2018 Security patch with regular bug fixes and improvement to the already running Android 7.0 OS. We recommend upgrading your phone.
How to Update T-Mobile LG V20 to H91810s
If you have the OTA update on your phone, then we do recommend you to install the January 2018 security patch update to keep your phone safe from vulnerabilities. Well if you have no update, then please check the OTA update manually by following the guide.
How to check OTA update on T-Mobile LG V20:
- Open Settings on T-Mobile LG V20.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
If you have the update notification on your T-Mobile LG V20 phone, then hit the DOWNLOAD button to start upgrading your phone to latest software version H91810s.
Before proceeding, please make sure your phone has enough charge of at least 50%, take a full backup before upgrading or downgrading your phone. To download the OTA file, you should be on a stable WiFi connection to enjoy uninterrupted software download.
Once if you have all this, you can proceed with upgrading T-Mobile LG V20 to H91810s.
Download Firmware HereDownload Full v10S KDZ File
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- This is for Model: T-Mobile LG V20 H918
- Make sure the downloaded software is genuine.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Install LG Bridge software.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]
Follow This Guide to Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices.
I hope this guide was useful to install the T-Mobile LG V20 January 2018 Patch by following this guide.