Today T-Mobile started rolling December 2019 patch for the LG V40 ThinQ (Model: LMV405TA) with software version V405TA20m. In this guide, we will tell you how to install the T-Mobile LG V40 ThinQ December 2019 patch. Yes, the latest software update for the device has been released and its rolling over-the-air. It is an incremental software based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Those who want a quick upgrade to the December 2019 patch without waiting for the OTA, we have put up the firmware file for the same. The firmware link given below contains a KDZ file where you can install it using our guide. It is quite easy to install. So, check out the guide.
Check Software Update:
In case you were not able to catch the automatic software update for your device, you can manually search for the update. To do it,
go to Settings > Update Center > Software update for manually checking for it. If there is a new notification of the update then, you can tap on it to install.
- Release Date: 18/01/2020
- Model: LMV405TA
- Software Version: V405TA20m
- Android Security Patch Level: December 2019
- Android security patch level December 2019
Steps to Install T-Mobile LG V40 ThinQ December 2019 patch manually
You have to keep in mind that, the firmware file which we have put up based on the V405TA20m build. This firmware is a KDZ file. So, we will flash it using the LG UP method.
- This firmware zip file is exclusively for T-Mobile LG V40 ThinQ. Do not use it on any other LG device.
- Your device must be on stock firmware with version V15d in order to install the current firmware.
- Recharge your device up to 50 % before installing the update.
- Take a backup of your device data before installing the new update.
Firmware Installation guide
Here is the complete guide which will help you perform the installation of the latest V20a firmware on your T-Mobile LG V40 ThinQ.
That’s it, guys. Now, you know how to successfully install the T-Mobile LG V40 ThinQ December 2019 patch. We hope that this guide was useful to you.