As 2017 is reaching its end manufacturers and carriers are in the rush to roll out new updates. After Verizon giving out the Android 8.0 Oreo update for Moto Z2 Force, another US carrier T-Mobile has come up with an update for the same device. Several users of T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force already started to receive the full stable Android 8.0 Oreo update with build number OCX27.
Everything about the Oreo update for Moto Z2 Force with build OCX27
The new Android 8.0 Oreo update for Moto Z2 Force from T-mobile is arriving with a lot of added features. Many bug fixes and improvements in terms of performance can also be seen in the device after the update. The main features include the major features of Android 8.0 Oreo including the picture in picture mode, notification dots, and smart text selection. In addition to the Oreo features changes in UI and redesigned emojis can also be seen with the update. The latest December security patch by Google for Android is also included with the update.
The update is coming as an Over the Air update or OTA update and many users have also started receiving on their Moto Z2 Force. Taking into consideration the size of the update, it is recommended that you use a strong Wi-Fi connection to download it. this will help you avoid any extracellular data charges that might get incurred. Make sure the battery of your device is at least half charged before continuing with the installation of the new update. Another important update seen on a Moto device recently is the Android 8.0 Oreo update released for the Moto X4 for by the manufacturer itself.
Now you can update T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force to Android Oreo with build number OCX27 using the OTA. Once we have the download link to install OCX27 on T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force, we will share it here. Until then stay tuned for the update via OTA.
Updated on January 02, 2017: Finally an XDA Senior member shared the full download link and also guide to install the Android 8.0 Oreo on T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force with build OCX27. Download and follow the below guide to install the update on T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force.
Download Required Files Here
New Oreo build Available Here: OCX27.109-36
Before following this guide make sure you have all the requirements.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone for at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
Steps to Install OCX27Android Oreo on T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force
- First, you need to download all the required file from above
- Now you need to flash the Nougat firmware on your device.
- Once you are finished, you can complete the setup process.
- Now you need to sideload the OTA Oreo file to your phone. To do that,
- First get your phone into recovery mode.
- Please note: don’t rename the file name if you see a long name on it.
- To enter recovery mode, Hold Power and Volume Up button. This option will enter into recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery, select the option to apply update via ADB.
- Now run the ADB sideload command,
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Remember: Filename.zip, here filename is the name of the OTA.
- This will start to update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 to Android Oreo.
- Once the installation is completed, enjoy the Oreo build on your phone.
I hope this guide was helpful to update T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force to Android Oreo with build OCX27. Enjoy!
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device