Samsung rolled December 2019 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 (SM-T290) with build number T290XXU2ASL6. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 device in the Afghanistan region.
As we speak, the update is live for based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the T290XXU2ASL6 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 (SM-T290)
- Region: Afghanistan
- Build number: T290XXU2ASL6
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (T290XXU2ASL6) is supported for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device