Last Updated on February 15, 2018: Today Verizon started seeding the latest Google Security Patch level for January 2018 on Galaxy Tab E 8.0 SM-T377V. The update comes with software version T377VVRU1CRA1. Along with January 2018 Security Patch, the update also fixes Krack WiFi Vulnerabilities patches, and Various system improvements and bug fixes. The software is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update is currently rolling via OTA for users in Verizon carriers in the USA. You must be on Stock Firmware to receive this official update. If you are rooted, then you are not eligible for upgrading to the latest OS via OTA.
In case if you have already received the update with build number T377VVRU1CRA1, then hit the download button to start the upgrade process. If not received, then check for the update manually by following the steps below.
How to Update Software on Verizon Galaxy Tab E 8.0 manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on Verizon Galaxy Tab E 8.0 SM-T377V. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading January Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0 with T377VVRU1CRA1. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
Download Full FirmwareClick Here to Download ODIN Zip here
Download Drivers and ODIN:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop.
- Remember: This guide is for Verizon Galaxy Tab E 8.0 SM-T377V(T377VVRU1CRA1).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Tab E 8.0 by following the steps given here.
Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices