In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 with build number T385DXU3CTH2. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the Asian region.
It is started rolling to the Asian region such as Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Laos, India, Sri Lanka, and more. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 with variant SM-T385, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number T385DXU3CTH2.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to T385DXU3CTH2, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 (SM-T385)
- Region: Asia
- Build Number: T385DXU3CTH2
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
- Supported Countries: Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Laos and more
How to Install August 2020 Patch on Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (T385DXU3CTH2) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 model with build number T385DXU3CTH2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.