Samsung has started rolling the next security patch for their device lineup. The latest June Security patch is live for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) [SM-T580]. The build number bumps to T580XXU3BRF1 which brings a bunch of security fixes from Google, along with certain Samsung-specific patches as well. The baseband version T580XXU3BRF1 weighs around 192MB in size which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The update also fixes a couple of bugs and improves the performance and stability.
The update is rolling the over the air and will soon hit every smartphone running on SM-T580 variant. Here you can follow our instructions on how to check the latest software update manually on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) [SM-T580]. If you have the OTA update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) SM-T580, then hit the download to upgrade your device to T580XXU3BRF1 June 2018 Security Patch. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build T580XXU3BRF1, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) (SM-T580).
We recommend you to upgrade your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi)?
- Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi), you can hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi).
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest T580XXU3BRF1 June 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 Stock Firmware Collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (All Variant)
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (All Variant)
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
Steps to Install T580XXU3BRF1 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi).
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) [SM-T580]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to T580XXU3BRF1 on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) SM-T580.
I hope this guide was helpful to install June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (WiFi) based on Android 7.0 Nougat.