Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (SM-T585 variant) in the European region. The update labeled with build number T585XXS6CTC3 which is still based on Android 8.1 Oreo. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: T585XXS6CTC3
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (SM-T585)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: T585XXS6CTC3
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
Table of Contents
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (T585XXS6CTC3) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: T585XXS6CTC3
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 model with build number T585XXS6CTC3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.