Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE (SM-T585) is now receiving February 2019 security update based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You will get this update via OTA with build number T585XXU5CSB1 on your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE. This new update brings the latest security features along with bug fixes and improvement to the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE users with Model SM-T585.
Like the usual, this update will be rolled out for users via OTA update. Since this update is subjected to a large audience, some users might not get this update in due time. Thankfully, there an option for a manual update which we will discuss down below.
How to Check Software Update?
The new February 2019 security patch will be rolled out in the form of OTA update. Like any OTA update, you will be able to see an update notification in your device with a build no. – T585XXU5CSB1. Since this update is meant for large no. of the audience so everyone is not going to get this update at the same time. However, you can have the upper hand here and search for the OTA manually. You can check for the update as follows:
- Open the settings app on your device.
- Navigate to Settings > System updates
- Tap on Check for updates.
- If you see the prompt shows up to download T585XXU5CSB1 update, then tap on Download
T585XXU5CSB1: Firmware Details
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE
- Model: SM-T585
- Build Number: T585XXU5CSB1
- Security Patch Level: 01.02.2019
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
Install February Security Update on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE
This is a manual process of updating the device. You will download the firmware and use the Odin tool to install the stock firmware on the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE. Below you can find the firmware download link as well as other required drivers. We have also mentioned the guide which will help you flash the firmware on your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE.
Download Required Files
These are the files which you will be needing to install the February Security Update on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE.
Steps to Install February 2019 Security Patch
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- This guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE (SM-T585)
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Charge the device battery up to 50%
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Install the Latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
After downloading the update, you need to use ODIN Tool to flash it on your device. If you are doing it for the first time then don’t worry. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the OTA update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE.
So, that’s it, guys. Security updates are always the most important aspect of using smartphones. I hope this guide was useful to upgrade February 2019 security update for your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 LTE. If you’ve got any queries do let us know in the comments section below.