Samsung has started rolling out the latest June 2019 security patch for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (SM-T585) update. It includes the build number T585XXU5CSG3 and based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The update brings some of the bug fixes, performance improvements and June 2019 Android Security Patch. The latest security patch provides improved security and privacy functions.
The latest software version T585XXU5CSG3 currently rolling out for Europe region. The OTA update is an incremental process and will take time to roll out in every region completely. We have to wait for it.
Check for the OTA Updates Manually
As we already mentioned that the company has started an incremental update process, so it may take a few days more to roll out on other countries including India. Meanwhile, if the update started rolling out but not on your device, then you can check for the OTA manually.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the T585XXU5CSG3 June 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The update size is big enough and may take time to download via mobile carrier data. We will recommend you to enable the Wi-Fi connection for faster and stable download. It will save your limited mobile data as well.
Here are details mentioned about the firmware which brings the June 2019 security patch for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016
- Model: SM-T585
- Region: Europe, Middle East, and Central Asia
- Baseband Version: T585XXU5CSG3
- Security Patch Level: 2019-06-01 (June)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
Steps to Manually Install June 2019 Software Update on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (SM-T585)
You need to follow the regular method using Odin Tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016. Check out the tutorial mentioned below along with requirements and download link.
- This ROM file is only for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 (SM-T585) handset. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well.
- Take a Full Backup of your device data before installing the firmware file.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer also.
- You need to Enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
Download T585XXU5CSG3 Stock ROM for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016
Here is the download link of stock firmware for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 which inlcludes the new June 2019 security patch mentioned below.
Guide for Firmware Installation
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016. The firmware flashing process is based on Odin Flash Tool. Check out the full detailed guide on it.Guide to Install Stock ROM on any Samsung Device via Odin Flash Tool
You can follow the video tutorial as well for better guidance.
I hope this guide is helpful to install June patch on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016.