In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for Galaxy Tab S5e with build number T720XXU1CTI1. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in all around the globe.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner and may soon available in other regions as well. If you have a Galaxy Tab S5e with variant SM-T720, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number T720XXU1CTI1.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy Tab S5e:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to T720XXU1CTI1, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Tab S5e and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Tab S5e.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720)
- Region: Global Release
- Build Number: T720XXU1CTI1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
How to Install August 2020 Patch on Galaxy Tab S5e
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (T720XXU1CTI1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy Tab S5e using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Tab S5e model with build number T720XXU1CTI1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.