Today Samsung started rolling a new update to its flagship device Galaxy Tab S5E model that bumps up a new software version T725XXU1ATE3 based on Android 9.0 Pie. As the update is live in the Europe and South Asia region, all the interested Galaxy Tab S5E (SM-T725 variant) users can easily download and install the new version by following the guide below.
Talking about the changelog, the update only brings the latest April 2020 Android Security Patch Level for the Galaxy Tab S5E model that improves the system security and fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
Check Software Update (OTA)
Samsung always roll-out firmware OTA updates in a phased manner and it’s quite possible that not all the users may receive the update at the same time. So, the incremental update process can take a couple of days or more. Now, if you don’t want to wait further, then you can manually check for the OTA update on your handset via Settings > System > System updates.
If there is a new update available, then simply download and install it. Ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads. Still, not getting the OTA update notification? Don’t worry! We have shared the steps and requirements to manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E using the ODIN tool.
Firmware Details: T725XXU1ATE3
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E (SM-T725)
- Region: Europe and South Asia
- Build Number: T725XXU1ATE3
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
- Supported Country: India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Iraq, Sri Lanka, Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy Tab S5E
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (T725XXU1ATE3) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: T725XXU1ATE3
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Tab S5E model with build number T725XXU1ATE3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.