Verizon has started rolling out the August 2019 security patch update for Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T727V). It comes with the build number T727VVRU1ASH1 and is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version. The software update brings some of the bug fixes and system performance improvements as well.
The update is currently rolling out the firmware update for Verizon carriers via OTA (over the air). Along with Security patch, this update also brings performance and stability improvement. Here is the full detailed sheet of changes with August 2019, Android security patch.
The software update is currently available for Verizon carriers in USA. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check for OTA Updates on Galaxy Tab S5e
OTA (over-the-air) update comes automatically to a device whenever the manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Go to your Tab Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the T727VVRU1ASH1 August 2019 patch update is available on your device, then tap on Download and Install it.
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Galaxy Tab S5e.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
- Model: SM-T727V
- Baseband Version: T727VVRU1ASH1
- Software Version: PPR1.180610.011.T727VVRU1ASH1
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Verizon
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie