Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi (SM-T813) started receiving a new software update which brings April 2018 Security Patch level to the table along with regular bug fixes and improvement. The new update bumps the software version to T813XXU2BRC3 and it is currently rolling via OTA for Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi all around the globe. It is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat under the hood. According to Samsung, the update fixes seven critical vulnerabilities that were found in the Android OS and also fixes a couple of other high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities. Now download and install either T813XXU2BRC3 April 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and rolling in a stage-wise manner. To reach every user, it can take weeks or month to enjoy the latest April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi. If you have not received the update, then kindly wait for the OTA notification to hit your phone or you can manually check the latest software update which upgrades the build number T813XXU2BRC3 on Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi (SM-T813).
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 Stock Firmware Collections
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy Tab S2 8.0/9.7 (All Variant)
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2016 (All Variant)
- Update OmniROM on Galaxy Tab S2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi?
- In your Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi, Open Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If you have the new software update, tap Download button to start downloading. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- The device will reboot, you can wait for the installation process to complete. Once it is done, Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to upgrade the Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading April 2018 Security for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi (SM-T813). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
In case if still not received the T813XXU2BRC3 build, then you can manually install the update on your Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi (SM-T813) by using ODIN Downloader. Now there is the OTA firmware that you can manually install on your phone. We have put up the entire process to flash the T813XXU2BRC3 update that brings the April 2018 security patch.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device.
Steps to Install T813XXU2BRC3 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to T813XXU2BRC3 on Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi SM-T813.
I hope this guide was helpful to install April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy Tab S2 VE 9.7 WiFi based on Android 7.0 Nougat.