Samsung is rolling out the December 2019 security patch quite early for flagship devices and mid-range devices. Speaking of which, the Galaxy Tab S6 is receiving the December 2019 security patch update based on Android 9.0 Pie in USA region. This update is now live US carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Tracfone, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, Nextech and Sprint. It comes with a new build number T867USQU2ASL2 and upgrades security patch and improvements for the device.
Currently, the T867USQU2ASL2 update is making its move over-the-air. Soo, users in the USA will be able to download and install it. We have also put up the OTA firmware which is based on the above-mentioned T867USQU2ASL2 build. Users can download the update and install it on their devices on their own. Installing the firmware is not difficult at all. We have put up an installation guide demonstrating how to flash the new firmware. So, check it out.
Table of Contents
Check for OTA
If you were not able to capture the server-initiated OTA update, you can search for the update manually. Usually, the OTA updates are pushed in phases. So, some users in certain regions tend to miss it. Anyways, for manual software update,
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If you get notified of the December 2019 update T867USQU2ASL2, then tap on the Download button and Install the update. Download the update using Wi-Fi and also sufficiently charge the battery of your device before installing the new update. If your device is on a low battery, then the device will not allow you to install the software.
Now, before we installing the firmware let’s check out the basic information about the firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, Tracfone, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, Nextech and Sprint
- Region USA
- Model: SM-T867U
- Baseband Version: T867USQU2ASL2
- Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01 (December)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install December 2019 Patch on Galaxy Tab S6
To install the latest firmware on your Galaxy Tab S6 you have to use the ODIN tool. We have put up the download links for ODIN and other important tools that you will require for installation. So, download the tools provided in the requisites section before installing the software.
- The firmware zip file is only for Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T867U). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.