Earlier Samsung rolled the third Oreo update for Unlocked Galaxy S8 Plus G955U in US. Today Samsung started rolling the 3rd Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus with G955FXXU1ZQKG with variant SM-G955F. The update brings the fixes and improvement to the last followed update. Now you can install this update if you already running the second oreo update.
If you are running the last beta firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus, then you may receive the 3rd beta build G955FXXU1ZQKG on your phone anytime soon. In case if you have not received the third beta OTA update, then make sure your phone is running without root or any mods.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus running Android Oreo beta. Yes, to receive this OTA update, either you should be signed for Beta Program or you need to be running any of the earlier released Oreo update on Galaxy S8 Plus. Check the link here to Install Android Oreo Beta on Galaxy S8 Plus.
The latest update brings the November Security Patch, Added new features, improved the OS and also fixed some bugs found in the last beta update.
The new update weighs 623 MB with software version G955FXXU1ZQKG. If you have not received the update, then you can manually check the OTA update. You can follow the below guide to manually install G955FXXU1ZQKG Oreo Beta 3 for Galaxy S8 Plus.
Manually Install G955FXXU1ZQKG Oreo Beta 3 for Galaxy S8 Plus
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade November Security patch on Galaxy S8 Plus. As this update is based on Oreo beta, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install over oreo build.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check the update manually:
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to third beta update. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus to 3rd Oreo Update manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus to third Oreo update.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- AutoFill Option
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to any new update on Galaxy S8 Plus.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies
Click To Download Drivers and ODIN:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop
Follow this guide to Install Samsung Firmware Using ODIN.
Download Oreo For S8 Plus: Click Here for Oreo Update (SM-G955F)
Steps to Install G955FXXU1ZQKG Oreo Firmware for Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G
- You should have an Unlocked Galaxy S8 Plus and Installed TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Now download the Full Firmware zip and extract the Oreo package on your PC.
- Now boot your phone into Recovery on Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Make sure to take a Full backup before installing this.
- Now format your data from TWRP.
- Once TWRP has formatted the data, Now choose the reboot –> reboot to recovery and once again get back to recovery.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using USB Cable and then move the Extracted Oreo file to TWRP backup folder on your phone. (TWRP/Backups)
- Now paste the extracted oreo file and then on your TWRP menu on your phone, Choose Restore
- This will take few minutes to completely restore the boot and system.
- That’s it! Once it is done, you can reboot to enjoy!
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install Third Oreo Update on Galaxy S8 Plus manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.