In this article, we’ll show you the options that you can do to Transfer Data from iPhone to Galaxy S20 or S20 Plus using Smart Switch in very simple steps.
Samsung Galaxy S20 series is the latest premium and flagship smartphone from Samsung. Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S20 series i.e., Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra as its latest flagship family at the Galaxy Unpacked 2020 event in San Francisco, California. The Galaxy S20 series ships with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 865 chipset, which features more powerful image processing, a new fifth-generation AI Engine, better power efficiency, basically everything you could ask for in a mobile processor.
Transfer Data from iPhone to Galaxy S20 or S20 Plus using Smart Switch
Smart Switch is an official Samsung app that can work with any Samsung device and computer. Follow the below steps to do so:
Method 1: Via iCloud
- On your Galaxy, open the Samsung Smart Switch app.
- Tap Receive data.
- Select Wireless.
- Tap iPhone/ iPad.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. Then touch Sign in to connect to your iCloud account.
- Select the content you want to transfer. Unselect any content you don’t want to import from your iCloud account. Then touch Import.
- Touch Continue to import additional content from your iCloud account.
Additional options will be available once your data will be imported.
- Touch DOWNLOAD under Download.
- Install apps to download the Android version of the iOS apps installed on your old iOS device.
- Touch DOWNLOAD under Download MOV player to download a video player that will be able to read any video taken on your old iOS device.
- Touch GO TO WEBSITE to turn off iMessage and avoid disruptions to your text messaging services
Method 2: Via Lightning Cable
- Turn on both devices.
- Connect both devices using lighting cable and USB adapter.
- Connecting an old iOS device to your new Galaxy device should open automatically Samsung Smart Switch on your new Galaxy device. Tap RECEIVE. Open the Samsung Smart Switch app on your new Galaxy device if the app is not launched automatically. Then touch USB CABLE.
- Touch ALLOW on your old iOS device to proceed to the next step.
- Be patient while your new Galaxy device is scanning your old iOS device and determining which content should be imported.
- Select the content you want to transfer. Unselect any content you don’t want to import from your old device. Then touch TRANSFER.
- Once the transfer is complete, touch CLOSE APP to end the process or MORE FEATURES to access additional options.
Supported iOS devices
- Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pins) and a USB connector
- Import from iCloud: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
- PC/Mac transfer using iTunes: Smart Switch PC/Mac software
Content-type transferred from an iOS device
- Restore from iCloud: contacts, schedule, messages, memos, photos, videos (DRM free content only), voice memos, alarms, call history, bookmarks, Wi-Fi, documents, and a list of recommended apps.
- Transfer iOS data using a USB OTG cable: contacts, schedule, messages, memos, photos, videos (DRM free content only), music (DRM free content only), voice memos, alarms, call history, bookmarks, Wi-Fi, documents, and a list of recommended apps.
Do you own a Galaxy Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Galaxy are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.