Pokemon HOME is your dedicated vault to store all your favorite Pokemons. All that Pokemons you collect from your games you can safely keep in this cloud storage. Also, you can trade and move Pokemons. If you are a Pokemon game enthusiast you can store up to 6000 pokemon online. In this guide, I will explain to you how to transfer pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon HOME.
You have to link your Pokemon Go and Pokemon Home accounts to transfer the Pokemon of your choice. If you are new to the Pokemon verse, then know that Pokemon HOME cloud storage for Pokemons is not free. There are various plans, monthly, tri-monthly, and annual. Depending upon your requirement you can choose a plan. With a basic plan, you can transfer only 30 pokemon to Pokemon HOME. However, to store up to 6000 Pokemons you need to have the premium plan.
Table of Contents
Transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Go to Pokémon HOME
Here are the simple steps you have to follow to complete your transfer.
- Launch Pokemon GO
- Open the main menu by tapping the Pokeball Icon
- At the top of the screen, you should see a gear icon. It is for Settings. tap on it
- Under that tap on Pokemon HOME
- Next tap on Send Pokemon > tap Continue
- Select the Pokemon that you wish to transfer from Pokemon Go to Pokemon HOME
- Tap on Next and then tap on Transport
- You will see a message on the next screen saying You Have Sent Your Pokemon to Pokemon HOME.
- Tap on Done.
Receiving the Pokemon on Pokemon HOME
Now, you have to receive the Pokemon that you previously sent from Pokemon Go.
- Launch Pokemon HOME and tap anywhere on the screen to start
- You will see a notification about incoming Pokemon transferred from Pokemon Go.
- Tap Yes
- Then tap on View Transferred Pokemon > tap on Receive Pokemon
Uses of the Transferred Pokemon
This Pokemon you received you can move it to Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield. Also, you may trade them using the Wonder Box.
When You Should Not Transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home
You must know that you cannot transfer a Pokemon back once you move it from Pokemon Go to Pokemon HOME. If you want to have a Pokemon for Gym battles and in-game raids, then do not transfer it yet.
Are There Any Pokemon You Cannot Transfer to
Yes, here is the list of Pokemons that are not allowed to transfer to Pokemon Home.
- Costumed Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
- Cloned Venusaur
- Costumed Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise
- Shadow Pokemons
- Mega-evolved Pokemons
- Charizard (cloned)
- Leafeon (costumed)
- Glaceon (costumed)
- Raticate (costumed)
- Costumed Eevee/Jolteon/Vaporeon/Flareon
- Armored Mewtwo
- Croagunk (costumed)
- Buneary (costumed)
- Togepi (costumed)
- Umbreon (costumed)
- Espeon (costumed)
- Wobuffet (costumed)
- Smoochum (costumed)
- Stantler (costumed)
So, that’s all about how to move Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon HOME. I hope that this guide was useful to you.