5.1 Surround sound the best sound experience you can get while playing a game. And Google has made special arrangements to support 5.1 Surround sound in Google Stadia console. However, due to some un-intended reasons, the majority of users are complaining about the surround sound system. If you’re also a Google Stadia console user and facing 5.1 surround sound issues on Google Stadia, then this article will help you fix that.
Google Stadia is simple to use the platform, and most of the issues are caused by weak internet connection only. However, the 5.1 Surround sound system is an excellent addon for games since it gives realizing sound experience while playing the game. But because of some troubleshooting issues, you might not be able to use this feature. However, you should make sure that you’re getting a “5.1” icon on the top right corner of your console screen. This icon denotes that the surround sound system is turned on.
What Is Google Stadia?
Google has brought a revolution in the entire gaming industry by introducing the cloud gaming service called Google Stadia. It is capable of streaming 4k video games as well. However, it would require a very high internet speed of about 35mbps, which can be an issue, of course. But the good thing is you don’t need to spend any more on buying expensive gaming setups or consoles. Just install stadia on your device (Phone/PC/Laptop/TV) and get started with the new gaming world. It is also known as Netflix for games.
You get the base service for free. However, you need to pay a subscription fee for the Pro tier. The Premium version will allow you to stream at higher rates for larger resolutions. Moreover, you will be able to live stream to Youtube in the exact moment you are playing and that too in 4k. This cloud service by Google will definitely give a tough competition to services like the Sony Playstation, Nvidia GeForce, etc.
Why There is 5.1 Surround Sound Error
To support the latest 5.1 surround sound system on Stadia, you must be having a high-speed audio channel. Most users don’t configure this port and end up with a 5.1 Surround sound error. Well, don’t worry, we will help you to troubleshoot this error.
The new 5.1 Surround sound system is only available on ChromeCast Ultra. Google Stadia will soon enable this feature on the Stadia.com web console soon.
How To Fix 5.1 Surround Sound On Google Stadia Console
There are numerous ways to fix the issue. But make sure you have a 5.1 surround sound capable device. Since at this moment, only Chromecast ultra supports this feature.
- Use the latest HDMI eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) on your Chromecast and TV. If your TV doesn’t support this port, then you might buy a suitable adapter.
- Try connecting Chromecast Ultra directly to an audio receiver. You also have to enable 4K HDMI pass-through mode on your TV.
- Make sure the “5.1 surround sound system” is enabled on your device. You can do so by navigating to the Stadia menu > Connection Panel and tick on the 5.1 icon present there.
- Try opening Netflix/Prime/Hulu at 5.1 sound videos. While streaming the 5.1 video content, cast the game. This will automatically enable the 5.1 surround sound feature.
I hope this guide has fixed the 5.1 surround sound issue on your Google Stadia console. Since Google Stadia exclusively uses PCM 5.1 (Stereo PCM), which most TV doesn’t support yet. We hope Stadia will soon support Dolby’s support, which comes with active 5.1 audio switchings. If you still are facing the sound issues on your console, let us know in the comment box below. We will be happy to hear you out.
- Install Google Stadia on any Android devices [Rooted Smartphones]
- Fix Stadia “The Game may stop because your connection isn’t stable” error
- Download Xtadia Xposed Module to Play Stadia on any Android device
- Enable Gaming Preferred Mode on Google Wifi or Nest Wifi for Smoother Stadia Streaming
- Cancel Your Google Stadia Subscription