The Blackview A80 Pro is one of the budget-segment camera-centric smartphones from Blackview, launched in November 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box and MediaTek processor. Now, if you’re a Blackview A80 Pro user and want to customize your device by installing a custom recovery or root, then this guide is for you. Here we’ve shared the full steps on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Blackview A80 Pro and root it easily.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Blackview device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
- Blackview A80 Pro: Overview
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Blackview A80 Pro
- What is Root?
- Steps to Root Blackview A80 Pro
Blackview A80 Pro: Overview
The Blackview A80 Pro came with a 6.49-inches IPS LCD HD+ display with a resolution of 720×1560 pixels. It has a 90.3% screen-to-body ratio and powered by MediaTek Helio P25 SoC. The device is paired with ARM Mali-T880 graphics, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card.
It runs on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. The phone sports a 13MP+2MP+0.3MP+0.3MP rear camera setup with the IMX258 + GC032A sensor along with an LED flash. On the front side, the device packs an 8MP selfie shooter with the Sony IMX239 sensor. It’s backed by a 4,680mAh battery with 5V 2A charging.
Now, talking about the connectivity option, the device has a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, 4G LTE, USB Type C port, FM Radio, USB OTG, etc. There are some of the major sensors available like a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and more.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Blackview A80 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Blackview A80 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Blackview A80 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Blackview A80 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Blackview A80 Pro device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Blackview A80 Pro
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Blackview A80 Pro model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Blackview A80 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- TWRP Recovery 3.3.1 for Blackview A80 Pro
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Blackview A80 Pro USB Drivers | MTK USB Drivers
- Download SP Flash Tool
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- For scatter file, either extract the Stock ROM for Blackview A80 Pro or create scatter txt file
Method 1: By Smartphone Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):Full Guide to install TWRP Recovery on your Phone Video Guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Mediatek using SP Flash tool
Method 2: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on Blackview A80 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Blackview A80 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Blackview A80 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Blackview A80 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Blackview A80 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
Steps to Root Blackview A80 ProGuide to Root Blackview A80 Pro via SuperSU Guide to Root Blackview A80 Pro via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.