Want to install a custom recovery on your BQ Mobile BQ-5300G Velvet View? then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to install TWRP Recovery on the BQ-5300G Velvet View device. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP on BQ-5300G Velvet View.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your BQ-5300G Velvet View device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 BQ Mobile BQ-5300G Velvet View Specifications:
- 2 TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- 3 Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- 4 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on BQ Mobile BQ-5300G Velvet View
- 5 What is Root?
- 6 Steps to Root BQ-5300G Velvet View
BQ Mobile BQ-5300G Velvet View Specifications:
BQ Mobile BQ-5300G Velvet View was announced in September 2018 which sports a 5.34-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 480 x 960 pixels.
BQ Mobile BQ-5300G Velvet View is powered by a ARM Cortex-A7, 1300 MHz, Cores: 4 with MediaTek MT6580M chipset coupled with 512GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a 2150 mAh battery (Removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 2MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 2G, 3G, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on BQ-5300G Velvet View using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on BQ-5300G Velvet View
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on BQ-5300G Velvet View
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on BQ-5300G Velvet View.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on BQ Mobile BQ-5300G Velvet View
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the BQ-5300G Velvet View model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- BQ-5300G Velvet View bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- TWRP Recovery 3.3.1 for BQ-5300G Velvet View
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Android USB Drivers | MTK USB Drivers
- Download SP Flash Tool
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- For scatter file, either extract the Stock ROM for BQ-5300G Velvet View or create scatter txt file
Method 1: By Smartphone Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on BQ-5300G Velvet View device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your BQ-5300G Velvet View, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your BQ-5300G Velvet View by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking BQ-5300G Velvet View.
- Uninstall Bloatware on BQ-5300G Velvet View.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
Steps to Root BQ-5300G Velvet ViewGuide to Root BQ-5300G Velvet View via SuperSU Guide to Root BQ-5300G Velvet View via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.