In this guide, we will tell you How To Install TWRP Recovery On Cubot R11 and also root it as well. With TWRP, you can take a full backup of your device data and most importantly flash custom ROMs on the device. Smartphone enthusiasts these days have a lot of affinity for customizing their phones. TWRP will bridge all that gap between the user and the device as well as the third party software. In this post, we have put up the latest TWRP for Cubot R11 and also detailed out the installation process. So, check it out.
Talking about the specifications, Cubot R11 features a 5.5-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1440×720 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek, MT6580 Processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 32GB via microSD card. The camera on the Cubot R11 comes with a dual 8MP + 2MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Removable 2,800 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. Cubot R11 also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Today, in this tutorial, we will guide you on how to download and install TWRP recovery on your Cubot R11 Android smartphone. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several mods, flash ROMs, take a complete backup and so much more. So are you excited? let’s start with the TWRP installation.
- What is TWRP Recovery
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Cubot R11 and Root using Magisk/SU
- Install TWRP Recovery on Cubot R11
- How to Root Cubot R11
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP is the shortened form for the TeamWin Recovery Project. It is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that enables the users to install third-party and customized firmware. Also, users can back up their device, which is not unsupported by stock recovery images.
Now let’s see what are some advantages of installing TWRP on the device. It allows you to install custom ROMs, recoveries, Xposed Modules, and other modifications. This is not all. You can also root our phone, create Nandroid backups, over-clock to improve the efficiency of your device.So, let’s check out how to install TWRP recovery on Cubot R11.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
Here are some of the advantages of installing a TWRP Recovery on an Android Device:
- Flash Custom ROM on Cubot R11 using TWRP
- Flash mods zip & Xposed modules files to customize their phone
- Root their device and install Magisk or SuperSU
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Underclock and overclock.
- Users can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Cubot R11.
- Remove all bloatware using the TWRP Recovery on Cubot R11.
Download Required Files
These are the files which you will be needing to install TWRP and rooting Cubot R11 device. So make sure to download them.
- Recovery: TWRP Recovery 3.3.0-0: Download
- USB Drivers: Download Cubot USB Drivers
- SP Flash Tool: Download Latest SP Flash Tool
- Root: Download Magisk.zip or SuperSU.zip to root your Cubot R11
- Scatter File: Download Stock ROM for Cubot R11 [Download only if scatter text file doesn’t contain inside the TWRP zip]
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Cubot R11 and Root using Magisk/SU
Before beginning with the TWRP installation, you need to have some tools with you which are necessary for this process. We have put that up to the section below.
- This Recovery is only supported by the Cubot R11.
- You should have a working PC/Laptop
- Make sure that you charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install the latest Cubot USB drivers your PC/Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Download VCOM driver – Instal the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device.
- Take a full backup of your device. This includes any photos, videos, messages, contacts etc.
Install TWRP Recovery on Cubot R11
Now if you have downloaded all the files and crosschecked all the pre-requisites, then we can follow along with the installation steps. We have a total of two methods by which we can install TWRP on Cubot R11:
Method 1: By SP Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: By ADB fastboot method
You will need to download some additional files to use this method.
How to Root Cubot R11
If you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on Cubot R11 device then you can proceed further and root your device. By rooting your device, you will get complete control over your device hardware. You can do pretty remarkble things such as under cloacking and over cloaking CPU, increase speaker sound etc.
A lot of people misinterpret the meaning of Rooting to the hacking. Please note that the Rooting does not mean hacking in any way possible. Also, it will not get your phone in trouble if you exactly know what you are doing with it.
Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty. But don’t worry as you can un-root your device anytime you want. Now, let us take a look at some of the advantages of rooting an Android Device.
Advantages of Rooting:
- Users can get access to all hidden files on the Cubot R11
- Improve the performance of your Cubot R11 by overclocking
- With the help of rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking Cubot R11
- Uninstall Bloatware/ system apps on Cubot R11
- You can block Ads on any Android applications and other games
- Users can install the Xposed Framework on their device
Steps to Root Cubot R11
You can root your device either by installing SuperSU or Magisk manager. Both of them work pretty great. We will be guiding for both the installations. Follow all the steps given down below.
Method 1: Rooting via SuperSUFull Guide to install SuperSU on your phone
Method 2: Rooting via MagiskFull Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
So this is how you can install TWRP and root your Cubot R11 Android smartphone. Please make sure to root only via one method. If you ask me, go with Magisk method as its easy and work great on all android devices. If you’re having any issue or problems with the guide, then let us know. We will be happy to help you. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!