Android is the most popular and customization-friendly open-source software that users and developers really love to use it. If you’re an advanced Android user and customizes/tweaks your phone mostly, then you should probably know the benefits of TWRP Recovery and rooting. Whereas if you’re using the Dexp T155, then you will find this guide really helpful. Here we will share with you the guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Dexp T155 and Root it easily.
In order to flash any third-party mod file, image file, Custom ROM, install root, keeping backup & restore, TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device and bootloader should be unlocked as well. Though the smartphone makers don’t provide an unlocked bootloader on their devices, it’s now quite easy to do this manually. However, if you’re a normal user, you may not find the TWRP or Root useful most probably. As the Stock Recovery mode doesn’t have too many features or advanced options, avid users prefer a Custom Recovery.
Table of Contents
- 1 Dexp T155 Specifications: Overview
- 2 TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- 3 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Dexp T155
- 4 What is Root? (Advantages)
- 5 Steps to Root Dexp T155
Dexp T155 Specifications: Overview
The DEXP T155 was launched back in November 2018 and came with Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. The device has a 5.5-inches HD+ display with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. It has a 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which is expandable via MicroSD card.
The Dual-SIM supported Dexp T155 is powered by MediaTek MT6739 SoC along with PowerVR GE8100 GPU. It has the MicroUSB 2.0 port, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Wi-Fi, etc. While the device packs a 5,000mAh battery and a 5MP rear camera with a 2MP selfie camera. The handset features proximity, ambient light, and an accelerometer sensor.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Dexp T155 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Dexp T155
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Dexp T155.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Dexp T155.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Dexp T155 device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Dexp T155
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Dexp T155 model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Dexp T155 bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- TWRP Recovery 3.3.0 for Dexp T155
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Dexp USB Drivers | MTK USB Drivers
- Download SP Flash Tool
- ADB and Fastboot – Download and install it on your PC
- Download Stock ROM for Dexp T155
- Create Scatter txt file for your device
Method 1: Via SP Flash Tool
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: Via ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command
fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Dexp T155 device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.