The Huawei Mate 20 Lite is an extremely competent all-around performer with cuts mostly in the right places. According to Huawei, Huawei Mate 20 Lite is the most affordable device in Mate 20 series. Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite. TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
Talking about the spec sheet, Huawei Mate 20 Lite features a 6.3 -inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It is powered by Octa-coreHisilicon Kirin 710 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 20 Lite comes with Dual 20MP + 2MP and also Dual 24MP + 2MP depth sensor front shooting camera. The device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and a Non-removable Li-Po 3750 mAh battery with Fast charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
- 1 What is TWRP Recovery:
- 2 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- 3 How to Root Huawei Mate 20 Lite
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Huawei Mate 20 Lite using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
- This Guide Supported for Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- Before installing TWRP Recovery, you should unlock the bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
- Charge the Huawei Mate 20 Lite to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- First of all, Download and install or extract the Android SDK or Minimal ADB Folder
- Now Go to C:\adb on the PC where the Android SDK folder is found
- Now open the command window (CMD) on the same adb folder by holding the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or Command Window option.
- Turn off your phone completely
- Once you completely shut down, now connect the device to the PC while holding the Volume Down key.
- It will boot into fastboot, Now enter the following command to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-kirin.img
- Once you are done, you can reboot your phone using the following command:
That’s it! You have installed TWRP Successfully!
How to Root Huawei Mate 20 Lite
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Huawei Mate 20 Lite without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Huawei Mate 20 Lite, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device at any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Huawei Mate 20 Lite, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Huawei Mate 20 Lite by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Huawei Mate 20 Lite, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Warning: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note] Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 Lite. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.