The Infinix Hot S3 is a flagship smartphone introduced by the Finnish smartphone manufacturer. The device ships with good hardware which is intended to ensure a quality smartphone experience. On the software front, the Infinix Hot S3 runs the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S3. TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
Infinix Hot S3 features a 5.65 inches HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo OS. The device is powered by 1.4 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor paired with 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of Internal Storage. It also supports expandable microSD card with up to 128GB. Infinix Hot S3 sports a 13MP camera setup at the rear and 20MP front facing camera setup for the best selfie. The device is backed by Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S3. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Infinix Hot S3 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Infinix Hot S3
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S3.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S3.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S3
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S3, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required Files
- This Recovery is only supported for Infinix Hot S3.
- You should have either PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest Nokia USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download ADB Fastboot Tool or Full Android SDK Platform tool
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Hot S3
- Take a full backup just in case if you need it later
- How To Install Official Stock ROM On Infinix Hot S3 (Firmware File)
- Common Infinix Hot S3 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Installation Guide using SP Flash tool:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root Infinix Hot S3
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Infinix Hot S3 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Infinix Hot S3, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Infinix Hot S3, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Infinix Hot S3 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Infinix Hot S3.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Infinix Hot S3.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Infinix Hot S3, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
[su_note note_color=”#fcebf6″ text_color=”#000000″]uBlock Origin vs Adblock Plus: Which Adblocker To Choose 2018[/su_note]
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Infinix Hot S3 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot S3. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.