TP-Link launched the latest smartphone called TP-Link Neffos X1. It came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on TP-Link Neffos X1. TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
TP-Link Neffos X1 features a 5 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat OS. The device is powered by 1.0GHz ARM Cortex-A53 Mediatek MT6755M processor paired with 2/3GB of RAM and 16/32GB ROM. The device has an expandable storage support. TP-Link Neffos X1 sports an 13MP camera setup at the rear and 5MP front facing camera setup. The device is backed by Non-removable Li-Ion 2250mAh battery. At the back, device also equipped with fingerprint reader mounted below the camera.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on TP-Link Neffos X1. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on TP-Link Neffos X1 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on TP-Link Neffos X1
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on TP-Link Neffos X1.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on TP-Link Neffos X1.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on TP-Link Neffos X1
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on TP-Link Neffos X1, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required FilesTWRP Recovery v3 Download SuperSU Zip Download Magisk Zip
- This Recovery is only supported for TP-Link Neffos X1.
- You should have either PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest TP-Link USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download the SP Flash Tool Software
- VCOM driver: – Download VCOM Driver and Install on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on TP-Link Neffos X1
- Take a full backup just in case if you need it later
Installation Guide using SP Flash tool:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root TP-Link Neffos X1
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root TP-Link Neffos X1 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting TP-Link Neffos X1, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your TP-Link Neffos X1, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your TP-Link Neffos X1 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking TP-Link Neffos X1.
- Uninstall Bloatware on TP-Link Neffos X1.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting TP-Link Neffos X1, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root TP-Link Neffos X1 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on TP-Link Neffos X1. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.