If you’re using Nokia 2.1 (E2M) device and want to install Custom Recovery or enable root access, follow the full guide. Here in this guide, we will tell you How To Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 2.1 and also root it as well. With the help of TWRP, you can take a full backup of your device data and most importantly flash custom ROMs on the device.
Nokia 2.1 is a dual SIM Android GO smartphone released in May 2018. This device will flaunt a 5.5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. This budget handset from Nokia will run on a 1.4 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 425 chipset along with 1 GB of RAM. This phone packs 8 GB of expandable internal storage. In the camera section, the Nokia 2.1 brings a single 8 MP camera on the rear end and a 5-megapixel front face shooter.
What is TWRP and what are its advantages?
TWRP stands for “Team Win Recovery Project”. It gives the user to flash recovery files and ROM files easily with a simple and fully-featured UI. The TWRP is so much popular and widely used for Android devices via users and developers as well. It flashes the zip file and image files to the system whether it may be Custom ROMs, root, or any mod files. Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
TWRP Recovery allows you to install custom ROMs, recoveries, Xposed Modules, and other mod files as we mentioned. This is not all. You can also root our phone, create Nandroid backups, over-clock to improve the efficiency of your device. So, let’s check out how to install TWRP recovery on Nokia 2.1.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Nokia 2.1
Before beginning with the TWRP installation, you need to have some tools with you which are necessary for this process. We have put that up to the section below.
- This Guide and files are for Nokia 2.1. Don’t try it on other devices.
- First of all, you need to unlock the bootloader on Nokia 2.1.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well.
- Download Magisk or Super SU.zip file.
- Keep the device battery charged to at least 50% for a smoother process.
- Download and Install the Latest Nokia USB Drivers on the computer.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows and Mac.
Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 2.1
After downloading all the required files and following the requirements, now let’s head over to the installation process.
- First of all, make sure to enable the Developer Option and USB debugging
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings –> System -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now go to Developer option in the settings and Enable USB debugging
- Toggle on USB debugging by tapping on the toggle button
- That’s it. You have enabled USB debugging.
- Now open the ADB and FASTBOOT folder and open the command window / PowerShell by holding SHIFT key + Press right click on the mouse.
- Turn off your Nokia 2.1 and Press Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to open Fastboot mode or enter the command [to enter the command, you need to connect your phone to PC using USB Cable.
adb reboot bootloader
- You need to check if your Nokia 2.1 is connected properly by typing the command below
- Now to install TWRP Recovery, type the following command in the command window.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on Nokia 2.1.
What is Rooting and What are its Advantages?
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to gain superuser access or control over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel and based on the Open Source platform, rooting an Android device is so much popular and easy as well.
Rooting can remove system apps called Bloatware, add mod files, tweaking system settings, tweaking themes or UI, can unlock hidden system features, install incompatible apps, etc. Rooting can also increase battery life and speed up device performance as well. It can also block ads on any apps, back up your device data seamlessly, and more.
Steps to Root Nokia 2.1
We have provided both the methods to root our device which is either by SuperSU or Magisk. Check it out below.
So, that’s it, guys. Now you know how to Install TWRP Recovery On Nokia 2.1 and Root it. So, try it out if you like to experiment with customizations on your phone. We hope that this guide was useful to you.