The Ulefone Armor X5 is one of the latest rugged smartphones from Ulefone that comes with Android 9.0 Pie, MediaTek Helio P23 SoC, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, dual rear cameras, 5000mAh battery, etc. Now, if you’re using the Ulefone Armor X5 handset and want to install a custom recovery or root, then you can follow this guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Ulefone Armor X5 and root it easily.
In order to customize your device or flash any custom firmware or install any mod file, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. This is the first stage and then you can install a custom recovery like TWRP and enable root access as well. Here we’ve provided all the requirements and download links for your ease. Additionally, you can wipe cache, take system backup & restore, etc by using TWRP Recovery on your device.
Ulefone Armor X5 Device Overview:
It comes with a 5.5-inches HD+ display with 720×1440 pixels resolution. The device is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 SoC, Mali-G71 MP2 GPU, paired with 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage option. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie with dual rear camera setup of 13MP+2MP lens.
While the front features a 5MP selfie camera with a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Stereo FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0 port, etc. It packs a 5,000mAh battery with 10W battery charging. The handset also sports an accelerometer, proximity, compass, an ambient light sensor, etc.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It’s an open-source custom recovery tool that works perfectly on touch-enabled Android devices. It allows users to flash third-party files like custom firmware, mod files, root files, etc.
Meanwhile, you can also install Xposed Modules, take Nandroid backup & restore, perform a factory reset, install GApps, and more which can’t be possible on a Stock Recovery.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Ulefone Armor X5 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Ulefone Armor X5
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Ulefone Armor X5.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Ulefone Armor X5.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Ulefone Armor X5 device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Ulefone Armor X5
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Ulefone Armor X5 model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Ulefone Armor X5 bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- TWRP Recovery 3.3.1 for Ulefone Armor X5
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Download Drivers: Ulefone USB Driver | MTK USB Drivers
- Download SP Flash Tool
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- For Stock ROM: Download Stock ROM for Ulefone Armor X5
- Create Scatter txt file for your device
Method 1: Via SP Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: Via ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Ulefone Armor X5 device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.