In this post, we would be guiding you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Umidigi One. Now, there is no denying the fact that if you want to get the most out of your Android Device by installing MODs, Patches, or Custom ROMs, then a Custom Recovery is a must. Surprisingly a lot of people are finding it difficult to install a TWRP Recovery on Umidigi One.
Talking about the specifications, UMiDIGI One features a 5.9-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1520 x 720 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763V, 64-bit Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the UMiDIGI One comes with a dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 16MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 3,550 mAh Lithium-Polymer with 15W, Fast charging. UMiDIGI One also has a fingerprint sensor.
Now, we all already know that the TWRP Recovery which by the way stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is an Open Source Recovery for Android Devices. There are quite a lot of benefits of installing a Custom recovery like the TWRP on an Android Device. This includes flashing Super SU or Magisk as well. Anyways, let us now take a quick look at What is TWRP. Should we?
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP Recovery which by the way stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. There are quite a lot of benefits of installing a Custom recovery like the TWRP on an Android Device. These benefits include installing Custom ROMs, Patches, MODs and more.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
Here are some of the advantages of installing a TWRP Recovery on an Android Device:
- Users can easily flash Custom ROM on Umidigi One using TWRP
- Users can also flash mods zip files to customize their phone
- Easily flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can install Magisk on their Umidigi One
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Umidigi One.
- Remove all bloatware using the TWRP Recovery on Umidigi One.
- Underclock and overclock.
- Users can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Umidigi One
Here is a step by step guide on how to Install TWRP Recovery on Umidigi One.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will lose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.
- This Recovery is only supported with the Umidigi One.
- You should have either a PC or a Laptop.
- Make sure that you charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest Umidigi USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Also, Download the SP Flash Tool Software
- Download VCOM driver – Instal the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device.
- Take a full backup just in case you might need it later.
Installation Guide using SP Flash tool:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Installation Using ADB Fastboot Method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root Umidigi One:
Are you someone who wants to root your Umidigi One? Well, in order to root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. Anyways, in this guide, we will also be guiding you on How to Root your Umidigi One. You can use either Magisk or SuperSU in order to do so. But let us first take a quick look at What is Rooting. Should we?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting, just in case if you don’t already know simply means accessing the Root Directory of your Android Device and making changes to it. Now, a lot of people misinterpret the meaning of Rooting to the hacking. Please note that the Rooting does not mean hacking in any way possible. Also, it will not get your phone in trouble if you exactly know what you are doing with it.
Rooting Umidigi One injects a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can any time unroot or restore your device at any time without any issues. Now, let us take a look at some of the advantages of rooting an Android Device.
Advantages of Rooting:
- Users can get access to all files on the Umidigi One, this includes the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- Improve the performance of your Umidigi One by overclocking.
- With the help of rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking Umidigi One.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Umidigi One.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications and other games.
- Users can easily View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- Users can install the Xposed Framework on their device.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Umidigi One smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
or you can try the
That’s it guys, this was our take on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Umidigi One and Root using Magisk/SU. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you still have some queries, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.