Here we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Walton Primo S5. TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
Alright, so let me take you through step by step guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Walton Primo S5. The guide is very simple, follow the instruction and make sure to download the tools and drivers required for your Walton Primo S5 to connect to PC. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is the advantage.
What is TWRP Recovery:
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Walton Primo S5 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Walton Primo S5
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Walton Primo S5.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Walton Primo S5.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Check Popular Post
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1: Complete List
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Official Android Oreo Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Downloads
- Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image
- Android 9.0 Pie Supported List and Downloads
- Download Lineage OS 16
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Walton Primo S5
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Walton Primo S5, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
For Scatter File: Download Stock ROM for Walton Primo S5
- This Recovery is only supported for Walton Primo S5.
- You should have either a PC or a Laptop.
- Make sure to charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest Walton USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Download the SP Flash Tool Software
- Download VCOM driver – Instal the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device.
- Take a full backup just in case if you need it later
Installation Guide using SP Flash tool:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Installation Using ADB Fastboot Method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root Walton Primo S5:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Walton Primo S5 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Walton Primo S5, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Walton Primo S5, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Walton Primo S5 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Walton Primo S5.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Walton Primo S5.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Walton Primo S5, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Walton Primo S5 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Walton Primo S5. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.