Blackview has unveiled its new smartphone i.e., the Blackview BV9900E. It gets a 5.84-inch display, MediaTek Helio P90, quad rear cameras, 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM, and runs on Android 10. In this guide, we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader on Blackview BV9900E.
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Blackview BV9900E will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Blackview BV9900E, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Table of Contents
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Blackview BV9900E
Before you unlock the bootloader on Blackview BV9900E, make sure that you have the right tool for the process. Basically, we will need the Mi Flash Unlock Tool and the latest USB driver for the device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before unlocking the bootloader
- A PC and a USB cable to connect the phone to the system
- Always remember to take the backup of your device data.
Instructions to install
- You need to enable the developer option to activate OEM unlock and USB Debugging
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings -> About phone -> Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboots into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers correctly installed.
- Now enter the command given below to verify whether your device is been connected properly to PC.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To keep the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Notably, if this command does not work you can try to use the below command:
fastboot oem unlock
- You will get a confirmation on your Android device’s screen, Navigate to yes and hit the Power button to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your smartphone will automatically reboot into bootloader mode.
- Now again you can enter the command to reboot your device to the system
- Your Android device will now reboot and during this, all data will be erased.
- That’s It!
That’s all you have to do to unlock the bootloader on Blackview BV9900E. Now, your phone is ready for all kinds of customization like rooting and you can use custom ROMs as well.