The Chinese smartphone maker has unveiled a new smartphone on the market, dubbed the BQ Aquaris X2 and X2 Pro. Today in this guide, we will show you how to unlock Bootloader on BQ Aquaris X2 (Pro). To flash or root and even install custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for BQ Aquaris X2 (Pro) will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On BQ Aquaris X2 (Pro), then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Table of Contents
BQ Aquaris X2 and X2 Pro Specifications:
The Aquaris X2 and Aquaris X2 Pro devices are equipped with a FHD+ 1080p display 2.5D Corning® Gorilla Glass, making the display very durable. The 18:9 Aspect ratio with slim bezels makes the display look great and up to date with the bezel-less trend of 2018.
BQ claims that the 12 MP + 5 MP, f1.8 dual rear camera set up “makes the most” of portrait mode even in low light conditions. So we can expect to see some really good bokeh effect in photos even in absence of sufficient lighting. Powering these devices is a 3100 mAh battery with quick charge 4+ support which should last for an entire day for most users as it runs on Android One.
Coming to the differences between the two, the Aquaris X2 is powered by a snapdragon 636 processor. It is the ideal processor for a 2018 budget device but users who need more power can go for the X2 Pro, powered by a snapdragon 660 which offers a significant improvement over the 636. Another key difference is that the X2 has a durable polycarbonate back while the X2 pro has a 3D glass back, giving it a more premium look.
The Aquaris X2 comes in 32GB + 3GB RAM and 64GB + 4GB RAM configurations and the X2 pro has 64GB + 4GB RAM and 128GB + 6GB RAM variants. They also offer a variety of colours like Carbon Black, Sand Gold for the X2 and Midnight Black, Glaze white, Deep Silver for the X2 Pro.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- To Unlock Bootloader On BQ Aquaris X2 (Pro), you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the BQ Aquaris X2 (Pro) to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
Required Files on your PC:
Steps for How to Unlock Bootloader On BQ Aquaris X2 (Pro)
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock the bootloader with the following command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability
- After the above command has finished executing, run the following
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!
I hope this guide was helpful to Unlock Bootloader On BQ Aquaris X2 (Pro). If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.
- Download Latest BQ Aquaris X2 USB Drivers and ADB Fastboot Tool
- Download Latest BQ Aquaris X2 Pro USB Drivers and ADB Fastboot Tool
- How to Install Stock ROM on BQ Aquaris X2 and X2 Pro [Firmware/Unbrick]
- Common BQ Aquaris X2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download BQ Aquaris X2 and X2 Pro Stock Wallpapers [HD Quality]