The famous M series from Samsung received a new addition last month in the form of Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime. Much like other M series devices, this too has a big battery and an AMOLED display. The M series is for people looking for a decent Samsung smartphone but don’t want to pay a premium for it. The display, design, and cameras of the M series smartphones are quite capable and satisfies the need of most smartphone users.
Have you bought the Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime handset or planning to get one? If yes then you should be one of the active Android users who love to customize their devices a lot due to the facility of bootloader unlocking, third-party firmware flashing, rooting, etc.
To recall, it’s the first and the most important thing to unlock your device bootloader so that your handset becomes eligible to go through system-level customizations. Sounds great? Here you can check out how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime very easily.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime comes with a 6.4 inches SUPER AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. For performance, we get the Exynos 9611, which is built on a 10nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core CPU with four high-performance Cortex-A73 cores clocked at 2.3 GHz and four power-efficient Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.7 GHz. For graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G72 GPU.
In terms of optics, we get a quad lens setup at the rear. It consists of a 48MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor with an f/2.4 lens, and a 5MP depth sensor with an f/2.2 lens. It is capable of capturing up to 4K @30fps. Coming to the front, we get a 32 MP sensor with an f/2.0 lens housed in a waterdrop style notch. This is also capable of capturing 4K videos @30fps.
We get a single RAM and storage variant of this smartphone with a 6GB+128GB configuration with USB 2.1. When it comes to connectivity, we get Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS (with A-GPS), and USB USB Type-C 2.0. Finally the USP of the device, the battery we get with the Galaxy M31 Prime is a 6,000 mAh cell which supports 15W fast charging out of the box. As for color variants, we get Ocean Blue, Space Black, and Iceberg Blue. And it is available for purchase for a price tag of 16,499 INR.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy M31 Prime, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy M31 Prime is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy M31 Prime get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and have enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy M31 Prime and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.