Meizu 17 is an upper-midrange device that comes with admirable features, Although lacks a couple of specs like waterproof technology or wireless charging support considering the budget. On the opposite side, it’s a really good processing front, an excellent set of cameras, and battery capacity. there’s an ample amount of battery capacity which will affect at some point of power backup.
Here in this guide, we will share with you an in-depth guide to Unlock Bootloader on Meizu 17 M2081 via ADB Fastboot. Similar to the Android smartphones, Meizu 17 handset also comes with a locked bootloader. The handset runs on Flyme UI custom skin out-of-the-box. Therefore, it can be unlocked easily with a few steps which are mentioned below.
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that the unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and important step in the Android rooting process.
Table of Contents
Meizu 17 Specifications: Overview
Meizu 17 comes with a 6.2-inch display having thin bezels on sides. it’s a screen resolution of 1,080 x 2,232 pixels alongside a pixel density of 400 PPI. the device offers excellent visual experience over its large and broad screen.
For the camera, there’s a pair of 20MP + 12MP dual rear lenses having a variety of features like Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection, Touch to focus, etc. The front camera is given a 20MP lens, which may capture sharp and bright pictures.
Meizu 17 is provided with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset and an octa-core (2.84GHz single-core, 2.42GHz tri-core, 1.8GHz quad-core, Kryo 485) processor. it’s including an Adreno 640 GPU alongside a 6GB RAM that together ensures lag-free gaming and multitasking. Meizu 17 houses an indoor memory of 128GB which can’t be expanded since there’s no memory slot.
For power backup, there’s a Li-ion battery with 4,000mAh capacity. It ensures that the users are active all day long with none issue. It also gets Fast Charging support to refill the battery with convenience. As for connectivity, the device has 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS, Glonass, NFC, USB Type-C, etc.
Unlock Bootloader: Overview
The Bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device is powered on to activate the right operating system. It packages the instructions to boot the OS from the kernel. Like a smartphone, tablet, or PC, etc.
A Locked or Unlocked Bootloader is what gives you access to root a device easily. If you root your device, it means you have superuser or administrator access to the operating system that runs on your phone. Therefore, you can change some of the system settings, manage customizations, tweaks, etc.
Unlocking your Android Device Bootloader may get security issues. Android users often unlock their device bootloaders to root and install Custom ROMs. But it may void your device warranty sometimes. If your device bricked or stuck into bootloops, etc. For the same reason, Android doesn’t come rooted, smartphone OEMs also don’t want to unlock bootloader or root your device. It’s totally your choice and needs.
- To Unlock Bootloader on Meizu 17 via ADB Fastboot, you need a laptop or PC.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- It’s highly recommended you take a complete backup of your device’s internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it.
- Download the Meizu USB Drivers for your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Meizu 17 via ADB Fastboot
- First, you need to enable the Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- In order to do this, go to your device Settings > About > Software Information > More > tap on the Build Number for 7 times to see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Now, go back to the main settings menu > search Developer Options > tap on it > turn on the OEM Unlock and USB Debugging settings.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot zip file on your PC.
- Now, connect your ZTE phone to the computer via USB cable and install the Meizu USB Drivers on your PC.
- Go to the installed ADB Fastboot folder and open a command prompt window by pressing the Shift + Right Mouse button click in a blank area > click on Open Command Prompt here.
- Now, type the following command in the command prompt and press enter:
- This command will list the connected device serial number. If your phone’s serial number shows up there then you are good to go. (If not listed, then re-install the USB Driver and retry typing the above command)
- Now, if the phone is listed then proceed to the next step with the following command and press enter:
fastboot flashing unlock
- After the above command has finished executing, finally type, and enter the following command:
- Now, your phone will reboot. Wait for a while and your device will boot into the system again.
- That’s it. Now, your device bootloader is free to use.
I hope this guide will be helpful to unlock the bootloader on Meizu 17 M2081. Feel free to write your comments below.