In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock the bootloader on your Micromax IN Note 1 device. This OEM isn’t generally known to be an active participant in custom development. However, it seems all that is about to change, and for good. Micromax has already released the kernel source for this device and has also made it possible to unlock the bootloader. But why would one prefer to do so? Well, it is due to the plethora of benefits that it has to offer.
For example, it allows you to flash a custom ROM, install a custom recovery like TWRP, or gain access to the system partition by rooting the device via Magisk. Along the same lines, there is a plentitude of mods that you could try out to give your device a completely new outlook. So with such a long list of perks, no doubt the tech enthusiasts are looking to unlock the bootloader on their Micromax IN Note 1 device. If you are also on the same page, then the below instructions shall help you out. Follow along.
Unlock Bootloader on Micromax IN Note 1 | How to Guide
Before beginning with the instructions, we would like to draw your attention to a couple of important points, First off, this process will erase all the data on your device. Likewise, it might also make the device’s warranty null and void. Some apps might also not function along the expected lines. So keep these points in mind and then proceed with the below steps.
- First off, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. Head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Next up, take a backup of all the important data on your device.
- Furthermore, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Keep your device sufficiently charged, at least 60% or above is recommended.
These were all the prerequisites that you need for this process. You may now start off with the guide to unlock the bootloader on your Micromax IN Note 1 device.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter.
- This will launch the Command Prompt. Type the below command in this window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- You should now see the Fastboot Mode keyword at the bottom left of your screen, indicating that your device has been booted to this mode.
- Now execute the following command to unlock the bootloader:
fast boot flashing unlock
- You will get a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume Up key to confirm the unlocking process.
- The process shall now begin and would only take a few seconds. Once done, you should get the Bootloader “Unlock Pass” message on your Micromax IN Note 1.
- That’s it. You may now reboot your device to the OS via the Power key or through the below command:
With this, we conclude the guide on how to unlock the bootloader on your Micromax IN Note 1 device. If you have any queries related to the aforementioned steps, let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some equally useful iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention.