Here is the Guide to Unlock Bootloader on Nextbit Robin. This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on Nextbit Robin, Read all the instruction carefully.
Nextbit Robin is the first Cloud based smartphone which features 5.2-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) display powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor paired with 3 GB of RAM with 32GB internal storage. The smartphone doesn’t have external SD Card support but the device comes with free 100 GB Cloud storage. The handset sports 13-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera backed by 2680mAh battery with USB Type C port. Beside this, Other connectivity options include LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi and other connectivity options. Robin runs with Android 6.0 Marshmallow Out of box.
Remember – This method is to Unlock Bootloader on Nextbit Robin, So read steps carefully.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technology stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
PRE-REQUISTE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON NEXTBIT ROBIN
- Charge your phone upto 80% or 70%
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock bootloader
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Back up your Smartphone
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What You need ?
- First of all enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock
- Download the ADB and Fastboot ZIP and Extract it on your computer
- Turn your phone off and Boot your phone into Bootloader by pressing Volume Up + Power Button Simultaneously until you see a fastboot/bootloader
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader. Remember, this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone. So better backup all your data. Now in the same command window, type the follow command
fastboot oem unlock
- You have unlocked Bootloader on Nextbit Robin
- Now you can reboot your phone by entering the command
- Click Enter and Thats it ! Voila.! You have unlocked bootloader !