Oppo Reno Ace is one of the flagship smartphones from Oppo that was launched in October 2019. It came with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box.
Are you here to unlock the bootloader on Oppo Reno Ace? if yes, then you are in the right place. Well, Today in this guide we will show you how to unlock Bootloader on Oppo Reno Ace (PCLM10). To flash or root and even install custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Oppo Reno Ace (PCLM10) will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Oppo Reno Ace, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this simple tutorial to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo Reno Ace. Official Bootloader Unlock for Oppo Reno Ace will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock the bootloader on Oppo Reno Ace, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Table of Contents
Oppo Reno Ace Device Overview
Oppo Reno Ace was announced in October 2019 which sports a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 20:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 83.7 %.
Oppo Reno Ace is powered by an Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset coupled with 8/12GB of RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 10 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a quad-camera setup with 48MP + 13MP + + 8MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Oppo Reno Ace comes with a face unlock feature.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones, and any such device.
Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with an Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP, and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo Reno Ace:
Here we will guide you to unlock the bootloader before that downloads the drivers and tools on your PC.
- To Unlock Bootloader On Oppo Reno Ace, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the Oppo Reno Ace to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
First method: Unlock bootloader using official Unlock
- First of all, download the bootloader unlock app and move it to your phone and install it.
- On your PC, make sure to download the latest ADB and fastboot tool and extract it on C:// Drive
- Open the app and Click “Start applying”
- Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application
- The application will be checked by our server
- Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of unlocking – if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step
- You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and press and hold the power key to reboot the device. You will then enter the fastboot mode
- Once you enter fastboot mode, open the ADB and Fastboot tool folder.
- Now press and hold the SHIFT KEY and click the right mouse button anywhere on the same folder.
- In the command window, enter the command key
fastboot flashing unlock
- You need to confirm on your phone: On your phone press the volume key to select “Unlock The Bootloader” and press the power key to confirm.
- That’s it! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
I hope this guide was helpful to unlock the bootloader on Oppo Reno Ace.