This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia X Performance, Read all the instruction carefully. Today i will teach you on How to Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia X Performance using the Sony’s Dedicated Unlock Bootloader Page. Even though we have a dedicated page from Sony, it doesn’t mean you can unlock it just by tap. To Unlock the bootloader on any smartphone required patience and hard work, where you need to follow the methods, But here in our page we offer you the step by step guide on How to unlock bootloader without taking any trouble.
Remember Sony has a dedicated website to unlock the bootloader, But they didn’t add Sony XPeria X Performance for Unlock Bootloader List. So dont worry. you can select the model Xperia X and Unlock your Xperia X Performance without any issues. It is like same as doing the unlock procedure for all Xperia Device.
Did you ever wonder about the difference between locked and unlocked bootloader ? Even i was a newbie when i first started my android experience. Even i use to wonder what is Unlock Bootloader and What is locked when i begin my first experience with Android phones. Later when i learnt it, i started to realize that Unlocked bootloader is like unchaining the slave who is been restricted to freedom to enjoy his own term. Here unlocking allows you to install mods, ROM, Kernel etc on your device and you can also enjoy Stock android experience after installing the recovery on your phone.
Follow the Step below carefully! We have also added some screenshot with the steps.
Remember – This method is to Unlock Bootloader on Sony XPeria X Performance, So read steps carefully.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technology stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
PRE-REQUISTE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON SONY XPERIA X PERFORMANCE
- This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia X Performance
- Charge your phone upto 80% or 70%
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock bootloader
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Back up your Smartphone
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What you need:
- Official Bootloader Unlock Page from Sony : CLICK HERE
- Now note your imei no by dialing *#06# or this 15-digit code can be found on your box and also at the back of the phone
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
Steps for How to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia X Performance
- First of all make sure your device can be unlocked or not, To Check Follow the steps below :
- In your device, open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
- Now Go to the official Unlock Bootloader website of Sony : CLICK HERE
- Scroll down and select your device (Remember you can select Xperia X device from the list to Unlock Bootloader on Xperia X performance) , and press Continue
- Now register your email
- You will receive a mail to confirm , Tap on “Click here to proceed”
- Once you enter into the Sony Unlocker page, you will be asked to enter your smartphone IMEI no, Now ENTER THE IMEI NO inside the BOX
- You will get your unlock key once, Now Copy the unlocker key in a notepad
- Now You need to enable the Developer Option on your phone
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now go to Developer option in the settings and Enable OEM unlock
- Download ADB Fastboot tool and Extract the ADB Fastboot Tool somewhere in PC (Link is given above)
- Now Open the Extracter ADB and Fastboot folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – Type the Command from below in your Command window that you opened
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader (If it doesn’t then please check your Cable or ADB Drivers and Install again), Now enter the command with youe unlock key after the oem unlock and replace this character 0x07B7BFEA7AC879F0 with your unlock key
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x07B7BFEA7AC879F0
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked bootloader on phone
- Now you can enjoy! Boot into system by entering the command