Oppo has recently released another K-series smartphone called Oppo K3. The device sports a bigger OLED FullView display with a 19:9 aspect ratio display. The device features a motorized pop-up selfie camera module with an unusual design.
Are you here to unlock the bootloader on Oppo K3? if yes, then you are in the right place. Well, Today in this guide we will show you how to unlock Bootloader on Oppo K3 (PCGM00). To flash or root and even install custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Oppo K3 (PCGM00) will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Oppo K3, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this simple tutorial to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo K3. Official Bootloader Unlock for Oppo K3 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock the bootloader on Oppo K3, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have an unlocked the bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Table of Contents
Oppo K3 Device Overview
It has a 6.5-inches AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The device is powered by the Snapdragon 710 SoC, Adreno 616 GPU, 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage options. It packs a 3,765mAh battery with 20W fast charging support.
Talking about the camera department, the device sports a dual rear camera setup of a 16MP (f/1.7) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens along with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, gyro-EIS, etc. On the front side, it has a 16MP motorized pop-up selfie camera with a wide-angle f/2.0 lens. The selfie shooter also features HDR mode.
It has a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. While the device packs an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, gyroscope, an accelerometer, an ambient light, proximity, compass sensor.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones, and any such device.
Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with an Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP, and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo K3:
Here we will guide you to unlock the bootloader before that downloads the drivers and tools on your PC.
- To Unlock Bootloader On Oppo K3, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the Oppo K3 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
First method: Unlock bootloader using official Unlock
- First of all, download the bootloader unlock app and move it to your phone and install it.
- On your PC, make sure to download the latest ADB and fastboot tool and extract it on C:// Drive
- Open the app and Click “Start applying”
- Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application
- The application will be checked by our server
- Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of unlocking – if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step
- You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and press and hold the power key to reboot the device. You will then enter the fastboot mode
- Once you enter fastboot mode, open the ADB and Fastboot tool folder.
- Now press and hold the SHIFT KEY and click the right mouse button anywhere on the same folder.
- In the command window, enter the command key
fastboot flashing unlock
- You need to confirm on your phone: On your phone press the volume key to select “Unlock The Bootloader” and press the power key to confirm.
- That’s it! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
I hope this guide was helpful to unlock the bootloader on Oppo K3.