The Smartisan Nut R1 runs on Smartisan OS v6.0 (based on Android 8.1 Oreo) out of the box. It comes with a Li-Po 3600 mAh, non-removable battery. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC. Are you here to unlock the bootloader on Smartisan Nut R1? if yes, then you are in the right place. Well, Today in this guide we will show you how to unlock Bootloader on Smartisan Nut R1. To flash or root and even install custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Smartisan Nut R1 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Smartisan Nut R1, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple tutorial to Unlock Bootloader on Smartisan Nut R1. Official Bootloader Unlock for Smartisan Nut R1 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock bootloader on Smartisan Nut R1, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Table of Contents
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Smartisan Nut R1:
Here we will guide to unlock the bootloader before that downloads the drivers and tools on your PC.
- To Unlock Bootloader On Smartisan Nut R1, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the Smartisan Nut R1 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
Instructions to unlock the bootloader
- First of all, make sure to download the required drivers and install them.
- On your PC, make sure to download the latest ADB and fastboot tool and extract it on C:// Drive’
- On your device, make sure to enable the USB debugging and activate OEM Unlock
- Then you need to enable the Developer Options on your Android device.
- Go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking option as well.
- To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging as well as the OEM Unlock toggle.
- Reboot your device into fastboot mode and connect to PC using USB Cable
- You need to open the ADB and Fastboot tool folder.
- Now press and hold the SHIFT KEY and click the right mouse button anywhere on the same folder.
- In the command window, enter the command key
fastboot oem unlock
- You need to confirm on your phone: On your phone press the volume key to select “Unlock The Bootloader” and press the power key to confirm.
- That’s it! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
I hope this guide was helpful to unlock the bootloader on Smartisan Nut R1.