Back in December 2019, Ulefone unveiled its new rugged smartphone, i.e., the Ulefone Armor X6. This device comes with basic specifications like a 5-inch display in the older aspect ratio, and much outdated 28mm MediaTek chipset, and so on. In this guide, we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader on Ulefone Armor X6.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Ulefone Armor X6 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Ulefone Armor X6, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Ulefone Armor X6 Device Overview
The Ulefone Armor X6 features a 5.0 inch IPS LCD display with an HD+ resolution. It also has a screen to body ratio of 58.2 percent, an aspect ratio of 16:9, and a pixel density of 294 Pixel Per Inch ( PPI ). As we said above, this is a rugged smartphone, and so it has various protection.
Coming to the internals, the Ulefone Armor X6 sports the MediaTek MT6580 SoC, and this is built on the older 28nm process. This quad-core SoC has four Cortex A7 cores and is clocked at 1.3GHz. To the GPU side, it has the ARM Mali 400 GPU. Talking about memory options, it features 6GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Further, this is also expandable via a micro SD card. The device has a hybrid SIM card slot, and this means that you can insert two Nano type SIM cards or a Nano type SIM, and a micro SD card.
Coming to the optics, the Ulefone Armor X6 sports a single rear camera setup. Usually, rugged smartphones doesn’t come with good specifications. This camera setup includes an 8MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2 and autofocus. It also supports Dual LED flash. To the front, the device sports a 5MP snapper. Both the front and rear cameras can only shoot videos up to 720P @ 30fps.
This Ulefone Armor X6 smartphone comes with a non-removable 4,000 mAh Lithium Polymer battery. The battery charges over the micro USB port, and doesn’t come with support for any fast charging tech. Sensors on this smartphone include Accelerometer, proximity, and compass.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, GPS with A-GPS, FM radio, RDS, recording, and with micro USB 2.0. The device is available in a single color option, namely the Black. Coming to the dimensions, it measures about 150 x 78.9 x 14.4 mm (5.91 x 3.11 x 0.57 in) and weighs about 223.8 grams. As it a rugged smartphone, it comes with protection like MIL-STD-810G, which totally protects against Dust, Water, and Concrete. It also means that it has Drop-to-concrete resistance from up to 1.2 m. This also comes with support for IP68 protection, which can withstand up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Ulefone Armor X6
Before you unlock the bootloader on Ulefone Armor X6, make sure that you have the right tool for the process. Basically, we will need the Mi Flash Unlock Tool and the latest USB driver for the device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before unlocking the bootloader
- A PC and a USB cable to connect the phone to the system
- Always remember to take the backup of your device data.
Instructions to install
- You need to enable the developer option to activate OEM unlock and USB Debugging
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings -> About phone -> Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboots into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers correctly installed.
- Now enter the command given below to verify whether your device is been connected properly to PC.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To keep the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Notably, if this command does not work you can try to use the below command:
fastboot oem unlock
- You will get a confirmation on your Android device’s screen, Navigate to yes and hit the Power button to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your smartphone will automatically reboot into bootloader mode.
- Now again you can enter the command to reboot your device to the system
- Your Android device will now reboot and during this, all data will be erased.
- That’s It!
That’s all you have to do to unlock the bootloader on Ulefone Armor X6. Now, your phone is ready for all kinds of customization like rooting and you can use custom ROMs as well.
- Common Problems in Ulefone Armor X6 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Ulefone Armor X6 | Android 10 [GSI treble]
- Remove Google Account or ByPass FRP lock on Ulefone Armor X6
- How to Install Ulefone Armor X6 Stock Firmware [Flash ROM File]
- Easy Method to Root Ulefone Armor X6 using Magisk without TWRP