VSmart Star 3 is the latest smartphone launched by VSmart Mobility, launched in Vietnam for the month of December 2019. In this guide, we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader on VSmart Star 3.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for VSmart Star 3 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On VSmart Star 3, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Table of Contents
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Steps to unlock bootloader on VSmart Star 3
Before you unlock the bootloader on VSmart Star 3, make sure that you have the right tool for the process. Basically, we will need the ADB Fastboot Tools and the latest USB driver for the device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before unlocking the bootloader
- A PC and a USB cable to connect the phone to the system
- Always remember to take the backup of your device data.
Instructions to install
- You need to enable the developer option to activate OEM unlock and USB Debugging
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings -> About phone -> Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboots into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers correctly installed.
- Now enter the command given below to verify whether your device is been connected properly to PC.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To keep the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone.
fastboot flashing unlock
- After the above command has finished executing, you will see a new option on your phone to confirm the unlock process. You can use the volume up key and select Unlock -> press the power button to agree (*). The device will wipe data and reboot. Once your device is rebooted, please wait for 10 seconds and then turn off the phone once again.
- Put the device into bootloader mode by pressing the Power key + Volume down combination, connecting to the computer, and typing the command on cmd
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- Do the same thing as (*). At this point, your phone has completely unlocked the bootloader
- Now, your phone will reboot. Wait for a while and your device will boot into the system again.
- That’s it. Now, your device bootloader is free to use.
That’s all you have to do to unlock the bootloader on VSmart Star 3. Now, your phone is ready for all kinds of customization like rooting and you can use custom ROMs as well.