Last time Samsung recently released the marshmallow update for the Galaxy On5 and today Samsung started rolling the update Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Samsung Galaxy On5. This is a official marshmallow firmware update for Samsung Galaxy On5. This update of marshmallow OTA currently rolling out only in India (SM-G550FY). Now latest marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy On5 is available to download exclusively from Giveawaytricks. The update has rolled out in India over the air and many user’s have already downloaded the Official Firmware of Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy On5. Follow this guide for How to Update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy On5 Manually
Follow this Guide for How to Update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy On5 Manually
If you are waiting for the update and you not yet recieved any notification, then follow the simple step below to see if you have received the update.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
Steps for How to Update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy On5 Manually
Yes, today i will guide you on to update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow manually. To Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow, then please follow the steps carefully. Remember this is a Samsung Galaxy On5 Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware. So you should be on a stock firmware before proceeding.
- This update is for Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY(Samsung Galaxy On5 Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware)
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process wont loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- DOwnload and Install the Samsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download the Stock Firmware OTA Android 6.0 : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Opendeveloper option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your phone restarts while updating.
Thats ALL! When you restart your phone, You will have a whole new experience with the update of Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow update. Enjoy! We have Given the Full guide on How to Update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Samsung Galaxy On5 Manually