Last updated on February 12th, 2019 at 09:15 pm
Sony launched the latest smartphone with the XA series known as Sony Xperia XA2 in January 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Sony Xperia XA2 known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install Official AOSPExtended on Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer).
Talking about the device specifications, Xperia XA2 comes with a full HD 5.2-inch display. coming into the camera department an impressive 23 MP sensor at the rear and an 8 MP sensor for perfect selfies. Out of the box, the Xperia XA2 users can experience the latest Android Oreo operating system. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with a 3GB RAM and 32 GB ROM with expandable memory support up to 256 GB. The handset is backed by a huge 3300 mAh battery with quick charging support.
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have both the Android 9.0 Pie and 8.1 Oreo supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended on Sony Xperia XA2 based on Android 9.0 Pie and 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch the video about AOSPExtended 9.0 Review
What’s on AOSPExtended 8.1 Oreo?
To learn what’s on Official AOSPExtended 8.1 Oreo, watch our complete review video about the same:
- Common Sony Xperia XA2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Guide to Fix Bluetooth Connectivity issues on Sony Xperia XA2
- Guide to Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity issues on Sony Xperia XA2
- How to Check for new Software Updates on Sony Xperia XA2
- How to fix Battery not charging or charging slow on Xperia XA2
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia XA2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2
- How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2 (Rooting Included)
- How to Unlock The Bootloader On Sony Xperia XA2
Steps to Install AOSPExtended on Sony Xperia XA2
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Sony Xperia XA2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Sony USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP